Indiana University, School of Journalism – Indianapolis, IN, US May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
• Honors: Dean’s List – four terms; The National Dean’s List, 2007
• Involvement: Writer for The Sagamore, writer for Jagbytes.com, member of the following: Latin Student Association, Russian Speaking Students Association, Muslim Student Association, Democracy Plaza, and Ball Hall [dormitory] Council.
Licenses & Certifications
- Substitute Teaching Permit, Indiana Department of Education, February 2014
- Indigo Awakening Studies, Charles Virtue, November 2013
- Master Angel Practitioner, Charles Virtue, October 2013
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience in non-profit, academic, and business sectors
• Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Intuitive Healer and Spiritual Life Coach
• Creative arts
• Learning other languages and cultures
• Studying the following subjects: science, metaphysics, astrology, alternative medicine, spirituality, religion, and history.
Creator, Spiritual Life Coach, Writer & Podcast Host
Facilitate and assist clients with their healing and evolution; and create and edit content on my site, such as blog posts, YouTube videos, and podcast episodes.
Freelance Writer & PR Specialist May 2012-Present
I create/edit content and assist with PR matters. Past collaborators and clients:
- Sabatahj, hip-hop & r&b artist from 2G4TV record label
- Trea Burgess, Co-founder of Rare Credentials clothing line
- Kiddo, hip-hop artist from 2G4TV record label
- Melvin Kearney, US ARMY veteran & actor
- HUMAN, hip-hop artist from A Million Other Things record label
- Forus Athletics, athletic wear company
Forus Athletics – Jeffersonville & Indianapolis, IN, US May 2012 to December 2012
Public Relations & Social Media Coordinator
Wrote news releases; contacted media sources; created awareness about the company and mission; created and managed social media content; established relationships between the company and publics; and facilitated and evaluated company launch campaign.
Tidy Trina’s – Indianapolis, IN, US September 2007 to December 2011
Creator & Owner
Home cleaning business that provided light and deep cleaning for homes and apartments.
ChaCha, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN, US August 2011 – November 2011
Culture & Politics Web Writer
Created and edited articles, photo galleries, and quizzes pertaining to culture, politics, and other topics; maintained fresh content; pushed web content through social media tools to increase awareness and views; tracked the reach of articles; and pitched ideas to the public relations/marketing team.
IUPUI Political Engagement Project – Indianapolis, IN, US August 2008 – July 2009
Community Affairs Office
iVote Campus Coordinator and Intern
Created political awareness and encouraged political engagement through research and dissemination of information about the 2008 elections and candidates; supervised seven students who served as school coordinators; created relationships with politically-active student organizations; and recruited volunteers.
IUPUI University Library – Indianapolis, IN, US September 2007 – July 2008
Served as a liaison between the University Library, the students and community; promoted multiculturalism and cultural understanding through monthly displays; initiated a marketing plan to create a warm, friendly environment by designing READ posters featuring University Library employees; created a public relations plan to solicit books, produced a unique catalogue system, and built a small library for La Lagunilla, a colony in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
Starfish Initiative – Indianapolis, IN, US June 2007 – August 2007
Communications Director-Americorps VISTA Summer Associate
Designed and edited monthly newsletter for scholars and mentors; assembled press releases for different media sources; created fliers and bookmarks for special events; and created a social network profile on Facebook to create awareness and to strengthen communication with scholars and mentors.
Greater Clark County Schools – Jeffersonville, IN, US December 2012 – May 2013
River Valley Middle School
English as a New Language Tutor
Facilitated Read 180 course for 6th grade class; substituted in 7th and 8th grade ENL classes; aided students with assignments in various courses; tutored students one-on-one; co-created and co-facilitated after-school tutoring for ENL students; taught ENL to nine beginner students (little-to-no English fluency); and administered grades.
To Mexico with Love Immersion Program – Cuernavaca, Mexico May 2008 – June 2008
English as a New Language Teacher
While in Mexico via the collaboration with the University Library Diversity Fellowship Program, I served as a volunteer teacher at The Center of La Lagunilla. I taught English to a group of 5-10 women, ages ranging from 20-60+.
America Reads – Indianapolis, IN, US January 2007 – May 2007
Key Learning Community
America Reads Tutor
Tutored three elementary students in reading, spelling, grammar, and pronunciation.